- Posted by VSB Foundation
- On January 15, 2015
- 0 Comments
Call for social entrepreneurs to help people age well: UnLtd launches Solutions for an Ageing Society Programme, with support from the Coutts Foundation.
UnLtd is starting a new pilot venture this month, with support from the CouttsFoundation, which will help deal with the challenges faced by an ageing population and includes harnessing the experience, expertise and creativity of older people.
The Solutions for an Ageing Society Awards Programme will offer strategic support and cash awards from £5,000 to £20,000 to 19 social entrepreneurs who tackle the challenges and opportunities presented by a growing ageing population. UnLtd and the Coutts Foundation believe radical new approaches are needed to address the challenges and opportunities associated with our ageing population, including poverty and disadvantage. The programme is looking for great people with great ideas that will really make a difference to the lives of older people, and is open to applicants from across Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
The Solutions for an Ageing Society Awards Programme will offer:
· A cash award, from £5,000 to £20,000 depending on the stage of your entrepreneurial journey.
· Access to expert advisors and pro bono professionals who are familiar with challenges facing older people and the social care sector.
· Support from an Award Manager who can help you to develop or grow your venture
· Access to business support and powerful connections.
· Peer-to-peer networking and support from experienced entrepreneurs.
The cash award will depend on the stage of the entrepreneurial journey of the applicant. Whether starting out or scaling up, UnLtd and the Coutts Foundation have a range of awards for every stage.
Deadlines for Expressions of Interest:
· Do It (up to £5,000) and Build It (up to £15,000) awards – 24 April 2015.
· Fast Growth awards (up to £20,000) – 16 February 2015.